SEO Suggestions: Links and Backlinks Connecting to .EDU Sites
Search Engine Optimization (SEO) is a way to have your website rank higher on Google searches. The higher your ranking, the more traffic and potential business you’ll get on your website.
One way Google determines this ranking is by how trusted your site is, and it does this by evaluating the links you have within and to your site. One of the ways to improve your site trust with Google is to link to other trusted sites, such as .EDU sites.
Why Google Likes .EDU Backlinks:
Why are .EDU sites beneficial websites to link to? Here are a few reasons:
- .EDU sites are very trusted sites.
- .EDU sites have high authority
- .EDU sites have extremely high quality content
- .EDU sites are aged — meaning their site has been on the internet for a long time
Connecting From Your Website to an .EDU website
There are a couple ways you can connect your law firm website to an .EDU website. One way is to link to the .EDU site from your website. In most cases, you would want to include this link on your attorney profile page or your “about us” page.
Here are some examples of pages you could connect to from your law firm website:
- An alumni page that features your profile
- A law school page
- A profile on a university website
- A speaking engagement you participated in
- A special award you received
Connecting From an .EDU website to Your Website
We encourage our clients to contact their higher education schools, such as their undergraduate or law schools they attended to see if there are any opportunities to connect and get a backlink from the school’s website.
Here are specific ways you can ask to have your law firm website link listed on an .EDU site:
- See if the school highlights graduates
- See if your local schools have a local resource page you can be added to
- Write testimonials on the school’s website or listing –they will be able to see you are invested
- Create a school scholarship page and ask to get it listed
- Secure a space on an online school publication
- Let the school know you are willing to conduct an interview
- Let the school know you are willing to do a guest lecture
How Law Firm Sites can Help
If building your SEO and increasing your links on your website are something you’re interested in, please don’t hesitate to contact the professionals at Law Firm Sites. We specifically focus on SEO for law firms, and we have almost 20 years of experience in this industry.