SEO Suggestions: Bar Associations and Lawyer Directories
In a previous blog, we provided information about the importance of linking to .EDU websites, such as your alma mater.
For this SEO suggestion, we are sharing how .ORG websites and directories, specifically associations websites and lawyer directories, are beneficial for your law firm site’s SEO. Linking to these sites will improve your legitimacy and professionalism when Google looks through your backlinks and when online users are searching for legal services.
Why .ORG/Directory Sites?
There are multiple benefits .ORG and directory linking provide:
- It gives clients confidence to choose you as an attorney
- It shows trust and expertise
- It elevates your business
- It provides white hat linking and backlinking
- Lawyer directories are readily found on the top 5 pages of a Google search
How do I do it?
You may be wondering how to get a .ORG or directory website to link back to your website, and there are multiple ways to do this:
- Link on their website to your website from a profile page
- Get on one of their recommendation lists
- Get listed on a “Top Attorney” article or list
- Get a badge to display and link on your website
These directories are often a place that your clients can come to leave reviews as well, and as you respond to those reviews, you can build your credibility even more.
What .ORG/Directory sites are available to me?
Below is a list of bar association and lawyer directories that are on the national level (they show up high on Google searches). In addition to the list below, you may want to reach out to your state and city associations for even more linking opportunities:
National Lawyer Directories:
- Martindale.com (read our blog on Martindale Hubbell ratings if you want more information on how to become an av rated attorney)
National Bar Associations:
- ABA America Bar Association
- NLA National Lawyers Association
- The National Trial Lawyers ( Civil & Criminal )
- National Bar Association
- AILA American Immigration Lawyers Associations
- NAWL National Association of Women Lawyers
- AAJ American Association for Justice
- National Black Lawyers
- NACBA National Association of Consumer Bankruptcy
- ALA Association of Legal Administrators
- National Academy of Elder Law Attorneys
- Sports Lawyers Association
- National District Attorneys Association ( American Prosecutors )
- National Association of Bond Lawyers
- National Academy of Personal Injury Attorneys
- National Association of Minority & Women Owned Law Firms
- NACDL National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers
- ACC Association of Corporate Counsel
- ABOTA American Board of Trial Advocates
After you’ve reached out to these associations and directories, you may receive codes, badges, and/or permission to add a badge or link on your law firm website. You can determine where you want these badges/links added, and let your trusted law firm website design company at Law Firm Sites add those features for you.
Did you like this post? Here are some others you might enjoy:
You might have an amazing online marketing strategy (through things like SEO and PPC), but if you don’t have a…
When it comes to marketing your law firm, it’s important to be where your target market is. With social media…
For over 20 years, we’ve built website designs for thousands of clients, many of them being for personal injury attorneys. …