Law Firm Sites, Inc. founded Green Websites in an effort to help companies save natural resources as well as money. Becoming a green website is very easy to achieve. There are many ways that an organization can have a green website. Here are some of the ways:
- Create a PDF instead of a print icon to discourage wasteful printing
- Putting media materials on-line instead of printing them
- Adding live chat to reduce resources and use of natural resources
- Use of WebEx and other on-line meeting resources to prevent wasteful travel expenses and time
- Installing vCard’s on sites to discourage use of business cards where possible
- Development of brochures on-line versus mailing printed media
The earth belongs to everyone. Going Green can actually mean saving the environment while saving money on your legal website. It is a win-win.
Encourage the companies you deal with to Go Green by following the steps above, turning up the thermostat in the summer, shutting lights off when leaving a room and using environmentally responsible lighting versus traditional wasteful types.