Google Business Profiles for Lawyers: A 2022 Complete Guide
If you are trying to grow your law firm in the modern era, then you need to take advantage of Google Business Profiles for lawyers (formerly “Google My Business”).
Your Google Business listing is an incredibly important part of increasing your online presence. Given that the vast majority of people use the internet when they are looking for a product or service that they require, you need to take advantage of attorney SEO marketing, including lawyer local SEO.
This starts with your Google Business listing.
Learn more about your Google Business listing below, and put your Google Business Profile to work for your law firm sites.
- What Is Google My Business (now Google Business Profile)?
- How Do You Set Up a Google Business Profile Page for your Law Firm?
- Why Is a Google Business Profile Important for Lawyers?
- The Biggest Benefits of Having a Strong Google Business Profile
- Tips for Getting the Most out of your Google Business Profile
What Is Google My Business (now Google Business Profile)?
People use search engines to locate the products and services they require. Therefore, you need to make sure that your website shows up when someone is looking for your law firm. That is exactly where your listing is helpful.
Because Google is still responsible for the lion’s share of searches, you should create a business profile on Google directly by taking advantage of your business listing.
Here are a few key highlights of Google Business Profiles:
- You can create a business profile on Google for free
- You can use Google Search and Google Maps with your Google Business profile, making it easier for people to find you
- You can personalize your profile by adding Google business hours, phone numbers, email addresses, photos, website links, and more
- You can share your logo and videos on your Google Business Listing to show who you are
- You can also include pertinent health and safety measures with list business on Google
There is never a second chance to make a first impression, so you should make that first impression count by taking advantage of list my business on Google.
If you learn how to edit Google business listing, you can make it easier for people to find your law firm.
Then, you can encourage your customers and clients to leave a Google review, helping you raise your online profile even further.
How Do You Set Up a Google Business Profile Page for your Law Firm?
If you would like to set up a page on your Google Business Profile for your law firm, here’s a helpful video:
Here are similar steps as what’s described in the video above:
- First, you need to head over to the Google Business Profile page and visit the section marked “Create.”
- After this, you need to locate the name of your law firm. Even if you do not have a Google Business profile, your law firm should still show up on Google. This will make it easier for you to collect the information you need to complete your profile.
- If you do not find your business, you need to select the link labeled “Add Your Business to Google” to get started.
- Next, you need to enter the address of your business.
- When you specify yourself as a lawyer, you need to select a specific type of law you practice to make it easier for you to categorize your firm. Examples include civil law, family law, business law, and corporate law.
- After this, you need to add your business phone number along with a URL for your website.
- Finally, you will need to verify your Google Business listing. Google will give you several verification options to choose from. The listing is not going to be active until you go through the verification process.
Once you complete these steps, your profile on Google Business Profile should be active.
Why Is a Google Business Profile Important for Lawyers?
In the past, a lot of people located lawyers using word-of-mouth, TV commercials, and referrals.
Even though these traditional marketing methods still have their place, most people are going to use the internet when they are looking for lawyers.
Because Google is one of the most popular search engines, that is probably where people are going to find you. Therefore, you need to use Google to make it easier for people to find your website when they are looking for an attorney.
A few main reasons why this is so important for lawyers include:
Place Your Pin on Google Maps Searches
When someone is looking for an attorney, they are probably going to look for a professional in their immediate geographical vicinity.
Your potential clients are probably going to run a quick Google search to take a look at the attorneys who are nearby. Then, they will narrow down their options based on geography.
Given that people use smartphones to find law firms that are nearby, you need to make sure you have a pin on Google Maps for your office.
Raise Your Profile with Positive Reviews
It is the job of Google to present its users with results that are most relevant to their specific needs. The reality is that law firms with more positive reviews are more likely to be relevant to the needs of the user.
You need to have a strong stable of positive reviews to raise your search results rankings, and Google will help you do exactly that.
Get Your Law Firm in the Google 3 Pack
When someone is performing a search for law firms in the nearby area, there are a few results that are going to show up at the top of the page. These are called the Google 3 Pack, and this is where you want your law firm to land. This is because your law firm is going to show up on Google Maps before the organic search results.
People can see your hours of operation, your phone number, and even your star rating. The vast majority of people are going to click something in this area, and you need a Google Business Profile if you want to land there.
Increase Trust in Your Law Firm
Furthermore, if you have a strong Google Business listing, people are going to inherently trust your law firm that much more. Having a strong Google Business Profile gives off an air of professionalism, which will immediately grab the attention of anyone who is looking for an experienced attorney.
These are just a few of the biggest reasons why it is critical for you to have a strong profile for your law firm.
The Biggest Benefits of Having a Strong Attorney Google My Business
One of the biggest challenges of running a law firm is making sure you keep up a steady stream of website visitors. One of the ways you can do exactly that is to set up a strong Google Business profile. A few of the top benefits of having an optimized profile include:
- You can increase your search results rankings.
- You can increase your engagement with potential visitors with more clicks, calls, and visits to your website.
- This is a free form of advertising on the most popular search engine in the world.
- You are going to make it easier for potential clients to learn more about your law firm.
- A strong profile can help you stand out when compared to competing law firms.
- You may show up on listings that you might otherwise not have a strong presence on.
- You will have an easier way to collect and display your positive reviews.
- You will have access to detailed analytics that can help you learn more about where your traffic is coming from.
These are just a few of the many benefits you will enjoy if you decide to set up a strong profile on Google Business Profile. At the same time, what do you need to do to set up your business listing?
Tips for Getting the Most out of Google My Business for Law Firms
If you would like to get the most out of the profile you create on Google, there are a few tips you need to follow These include:
- Even though you may want to use keywords in your business name, your business name must reflect the name of your firm, or Google may penalize you.
- Pick the right category for your firm to make it easier for Google to direct the right traffic to your website.
- Make your location as accurate as possible so that people have an easier time finding your business.
- Always take a look at the preview of your listing before it goes active to make sure the information looks correct to you.
- You can add links to your social media pages to make it easier for people to learn more about your law firm.
If you follow these best practices, you should be able to generate more business for your law firm through your Google Business Listing. Remember that you do not have to do this on your own. If you have questions about how to get the most out of Google Business Profiles, you should reach out to a professional who can help you.
Build Your Law Firm Web Marketing with a Google Business Profile
Lawyer SEO marketing should be a critical part of your advertising plan, and this starts with your Google Business Listing. Use Google to take advantage of local SEO for lawyers, and make sure you reach out to potential customers and clients.
Remember that if you have questions or concerns about using Google Business Profiles as a part of your marketing plan, you should reach out to professionals who can help you. That way, you can place your law firm in the best position possible to be successful.
Want to Learn More? Here Are Some Related Blogs
Did you like this post? Here are some others you might enjoy:
In the ever-evolving realm of digital marketing, the interplay between onsite and offsite SEO has emerged as a pivotal factor…
In the dynamic landscape of digital marketing, local optimization emerges as a formidable strategy for law firms aiming to connect…
In the dynamic world of digital marketing, personalization has become a powerful strategy for engaging audiences and driving conversions. AI-driven…